These recordings...

All the recordings I post here will be what I think are VG+(B/B+) quality and unless stated otherwise will be audience recordings. They will not be to everyone's taste but the idea is to give fellow music fans a chance to hear rare recordings from a certain era(the 80's).Many of these I have had stored away for 30+ years and will be available for the first time...

If it's soundboard A+ quality you are after these will not be for you...BUT I would never post anything that was unlistenable.. So pop the headphones on and grab your air guitar of choice... lets ROCK

Saturday 8 March 2014

Raven - Marquee club '83



MARQUEE CLUB,WARDOUR STREET,LONDON

11th JUNE 1983

AUDIENCE RECORDING   AN ED MASTER

1.take control
2.firepower
3.what's in the news and read all about it
4.hell patrol
5.run silent run deep
6.rock until you drop
7.break the chain
8.faster than the speed of light
9.hard ride
10.seek & destroy
11.crash bang wallop
12.live at the inferno
13.don't need your money
14.for the future > bass solo
15.chainsaw

mp3


Now this was a real pleasant surprise let me explain... I had the day off from work and I as I would do back in those days I would jump on the train up to hammersmith odeon and purchase tickets for any upcoming shows then get the tube to oxford street and make my way to SHADES record shop where I would spend the afternoon listening and purchasing the latest imports,while there the lads told me RAVEN  had been asked to play the marquee that night at short notice... so why not! I had my Walkman on me and although I was not their biggest fan I did like a few of their songs... so it was in the SHIP for a few pre show pints then to the gig and WOW... brilliant!they had so much energy even though the turnout was poor (short notice gig) it did not affect their performance... been a fan since...enjoy ed

1 comment:

  1. And now I'm wetting my pants frankly. Finally got their first album on CD via e-bay last week after wearing the vinyl out over the years. Keep searching through the tape boxes !!

    ReplyDelete