These recordings...

All the recordings I post here will be what I think are VG+(B/B+) quality and unless stated otherwise will be audience recordings. They will not be to everyone's taste but the idea is to give fellow music fans a chance to hear rare recordings from a certain era(the 80's).Many of these I have had stored away for 30+ years and will be available for the first time...

If it's soundboard A+ quality you are after these will not be for you...BUT I would never post anything that was unlistenable.. So pop the headphones on and grab your air guitar of choice... lets ROCK

Saturday 8 March 2014

Frank Marino - stoke '81



HEAVY METAL HOLOCAUST
PORT VALE FOOTBALL CLUB,STOKE ON TRENT

1st AUGUST 1981

AUDIENCE RECORDING    TRADE

1.you got livin'
2.down down down
3.rock n roll hall of fame
4.johnny be goode
5.who do you love
6.electric reflections of war > drum solo
7.somethings coming our way
8.roadhouse blues

mp3


Two reasons I went along to this.... 1.this was my first outdoor festival and I had tickets for reading  a few weeks later so I  wanted to experience what is was all about and 2.frank marino... an incredible guitarist who's album "what's next" I had recently purchased and was blown away with... so there I was norman no friends  on my own up  't north to my very first outdoor event.my memories of the day were.... no alcohol!!! wtf... motorhead were so LOUD it hurt and the fight for best guitarist on the day between rik emmett (triumph),randy rhoads (ozzy) and mr  marino was won by...of course mr marino... well that's what I thought anyway... I managed to get this recording in a trade a few years later and here It is... enjoy ed

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic once again Mr Ed! I was there too as it wasn't a long journey from where I was. I've never found a decent recording of the Motorhead show (probably because it blew everyone's equipment) but the Ozzy and Triumph stuff would be great to hear. Things keep turning up so maybe it's lurking around somebody's tape collection somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi steve

    I have the ozzy,give me couple of days and will post it for you.. check this out about the day itself.
    .
    http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/heavy-metal-holocaust.html

    ReplyDelete