These recordings...

All the recordings I post here will be what I think are VG+(B/B+) quality and unless stated otherwise will be audience recordings. They will not be to everyone's taste but the idea is to give fellow music fans a chance to hear rare recordings from a certain era(the 80's).Many of these I have had stored away for 30+ years and will be available for the first time...

If it's soundboard A+ quality you are after these will not be for you...BUT I would never post anything that was unlistenable.. So pop the headphones on and grab your air guitar of choice... lets ROCK

Thursday 13 March 2014

Gary moore - marquee club '82



MARQUEE CLUB,WARDOUR STREET,LONDON

26th AUGUST 1982

AUDIENCE RECORDING     AN ED MASTER

1.intro
2.end of the world
3.rocking every night
4.wishing well
5.cold hearted
6.nuclear attack
7.i can't wait until tomorrow
8.don't take me for a loser
9.warhead > drum solo
10.white knuckles
11.rocking and rolling
12.parisienne walkways
13.back on the streets

mp3


What can I say? He is without doubt one of the best guitarist's ever from this side of the atlantic,and when you got to see him close up at a venue like the marquee you are just left with an open mouth in awe...simply brilliant... ok.. I have seen this recording elsewhere so two things could of happened..i traded with someone back in the day and they have beaten me to the transferring of the show which of course I have not got a problem in world about it and why would i?...all good. OR someone else recorded the show which often happened back then,in fact I knew of at least 3 guys who like myself recorded most of the London gigs,in fact there was one occasion at the marquee where we all stood next to each other recording which now I think about it must of looked a bit suspicious as everyone else around us was headbanging away and we were all stood straight..ha. don't forget that back then there was a certain  stigma regards bootlegging and if you were caught you didn't get asked to leave quietly  you were given a bit of a slap as happened to a very good friend of mine during a john waite gig at the marquee from a couple of roadies...oh well it's only rock n roll.... enjoy ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment