These recordings...

All the recordings I post here will be what I think are VG+(B/B+) quality and unless stated otherwise will be audience recordings. They will not be to everyone's taste but the idea is to give fellow music fans a chance to hear rare recordings from a certain era(the 80's).Many of these I have had stored away for 30+ years and will be available for the first time...

If it's soundboard A+ quality you are after these will not be for you...BUT I would never post anything that was unlistenable.. So pop the headphones on and grab your air guitar of choice... lets ROCK

Tuesday 4 February 2014

shy - royal standard '83



THE ROYAL STANDARD,WALTHAMSTOW,LONDON

23rd DECEMBER 1983

AUDIENCE RECORDING   AN ED MASTER

1.take it all away
2.hot lipped reputation
3.deep water
4.separate ways
5.chained by desire
6.reflections
7.tonight
8.nightlife
9.give me a chance
10.xmas jam
11.too hot

mp3


shy always seemed to get a hard time from the press way back at the start for which I never really understood why... to me they always released great quality music and never let you down live...here is a gig I caught back in dec '83 not long after once bitten was released.. the standard was another great venue but a pain in the arse to get to.... enjoy ed

6 comments:

  1. !!!! Blimey - Rare as hen's teeth ! And I don't just mean another Shy fan.....
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha nice one steve,great band!.
    from shy's other fan ha cheers ed.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ED & Steve!! Great your blog!! I am also a big fan of SHY. The 1983 live is very precious. Can I still download this sound source?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a copy as I used to have this on tape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have a copy of this tape I want to hear the source. Would you like to trade with some SHY sound sources I have?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have a copy of this tape I want to hear the source. Would you like to trade with some SHY sound sources I have?

    ReplyDelete