These recordings...

All the recordings I post here will be what I think are VG+(B/B+) quality and unless stated otherwise will be audience recordings. They will not be to everyone's taste but the idea is to give fellow music fans a chance to hear rare recordings from a certain era(the 80's).Many of these I have had stored away for 30+ years and will be available for the first time...

If it's soundboard A+ quality you are after these will not be for you...BUT I would never post anything that was unlistenable.. So pop the headphones on and grab your air guitar of choice... lets ROCK

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Praying mantis - Marquee club '82



MARQUEE CLUB,WARDOUR STREET,LONDON

24th AUGUST 1982

AUDIENCE RECORDING  AN ED MATER

1.a question of time
2.panic in the streets
3.running for tomorrow
4.nightmares
5.raining in Kensington
6.give me a reason
7.heartache
8.tell me the nightmares gone
9.time is slipping away
10.enough is enough
11.turn the tables
12.encore break
13.flirtin' with suicide

mp3


Another favourite of mine at the best rock venue ever!!! the harmonies in this band are amazing.this version of the band have Bernie shaw on vocals... great band! great venue! = great night.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Ed good to see you up and running.
    A site dedicated to original 80's live recordings it'll be great.
    I've linked you to Hear Rock City in the blog list.
    Keep Rockin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers smoker,it's still a work in progress but hopefully I will get there soon.i now appreciate how much work you guys put...it's not the 5 min job I though it was ha.
    cheers ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb, thanks for this recording. This was Mantis' warm up show for their Reading Festival appearance a few days later. Great band, much underestimated, they should've been huge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. spot on david... they should of been.... I went to reading and thought they were one of the bands of the weekend..
    cheers
    ed

    ReplyDelete