These recordings...

All the recordings I post here will be what I think are VG+(B/B+) quality and unless stated otherwise will be audience recordings. They will not be to everyone's taste but the idea is to give fellow music fans a chance to hear rare recordings from a certain era(the 80's).Many of these I have had stored away for 30+ years and will be available for the first time...

If it's soundboard A+ quality you are after these will not be for you...BUT I would never post anything that was unlistenable.. So pop the headphones on and grab your air guitar of choice... lets ROCK

Saturday 13 September 2014

Praying mantis - newcastle '81

PRAYING MANTIS




THE MAYFAIR BALLROOM,NEWCASTLE

5th MARCH 1981

AUDIENCE RECORDING      AN ED MASTER

1.intro > praying mantis
2.panic in the streets
3.cheated
4.beads of ebony
5.lovers of the grave
6.children of the earth
7.the story
8.all day and all of the night
9.captured city

mp3



During the early 80's there truly was some great music around for hard rock fans like myself and for me mantis released one of the great albums of that era (time tells no lies),i recently dusted my copy of it off and gave it a blast and wow it's good... with so many classic songs on it...simply brilliant!.
here is a show i caught them at back in '81 at one of my favourite venues...for the life of me i cannot remember if they headlined or were supporting someone...help! this was before they took on a vocalist yet managed to perfect their harmonies as a four piece...the only downside for me was the reaction from the crowd...very poor and unusual for geordieland...also the inclusion of all day and all of the night...feckin awful song.... for which i remember drunkenly telling tino troy on the  two occasions i met him at later gigs...oh well we all do stupid things in our youth..ha... enjoy ed

No comments:

Post a Comment