These recordings...

All the recordings I post here will be what I think are VG+(B/B+) quality and unless stated otherwise will be audience recordings. They will not be to everyone's taste but the idea is to give fellow music fans a chance to hear rare recordings from a certain era(the 80's).Many of these I have had stored away for 30+ years and will be available for the first time...

If it's soundboard A+ quality you are after these will not be for you...BUT I would never post anything that was unlistenable.. So pop the headphones on and grab your air guitar of choice... lets ROCK

Saturday 6 September 2014

Diamond head - hull '82

DIAMOND HEAD




THE TOWER BALLROOM

HULL,UK

12th MAY 1982

AUDIENCE RECORDING       AN ED MASTER

1.we won't be back
2.lightning to the nations
3.dead reckoning
4.don't you ever leave me
5.sucking my love
6.call me
7.in the heat of the night
8.to the devil his due
9.sweet & innocent
10.heaven to hell
11.borrowed time
12.play it loud
13.am i evil
14.shoot out the lights
15.electric

mp3



WOW... What a band!between '81 & '84 diamond head were on a different level...when a band can produce such energy (shoot out the lights) majestic quality (heaven to hell) brilliant pop rock (call me)and still have a sense of humour (sucking my love) you have to put your hands up and admire them.while transferring this recording i just closed my eyes and transported myself back to the early 80's and think these must of been some of the best songs to come out of that era....pure brilliance.

The town & venue itself..well thats a different story...it's hull so it must of been raining and as for the venue... it was literally a ballroom...not the best venue for a rock gig..that aside for those of us there we witnessed something very special.this was early days for me regards to recording but i think it came out quite good (slight cock up on the tape flip at the end of devil) and i only had a c90 on me so it cuts off at the end of electric...still worth a listen mefinks....... enjoy ed

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more about Diamond Head - and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete