These recordings...

All the recordings I post here will be what I think are VG+(B/B+) quality and unless stated otherwise will be audience recordings. They will not be to everyone's taste but the idea is to give fellow music fans a chance to hear rare recordings from a certain era(the 80's).Many of these I have had stored away for 30+ years and will be available for the first time...

If it's soundboard A+ quality you are after these will not be for you...BUT I would never post anything that was unlistenable.. So pop the headphones on and grab your air guitar of choice... lets ROCK

Saturday 8 November 2014

twisted sister - portsmouth '83

TWISTED SISTER



THE GUILDHALL,PORSTMOUTH

6th APRIL 1983

AUDIENCE RECORDING    AN ED MASTER

1.what you don't know
2.sin after sin
3.bad boys of rock n roll
4.destroyer
5.we're not gonna make it
6.tear it loose
7.you can't stop rock n roll
8.shoot em down
9.run for your life
10.i am (i'm me)
11.it's only rock n roll but i like it
12.ride to live
13.under the blade



mp3


Well it doesn't get much better than this...as you may know from previous sister posts i was a huge fan of the band having seen all their gigs at the marquee...so along with a friend or two we followed them around the country catching a few of their shows on this their full debut uk tour.With a setlist most bands would die for they blew the place apart wherever they played and anyone who was fortunate enough to see them on this tour will know what i am talking about...this was the first night of the tour and they were brilliant.... great recording..enjoy ed

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'll definitely get this one, thanks. I got the first 12 inch thing (was it Ruff Cutts) with Leader Of The Pack on it and thought they were great. Didn't take long for them to become a bit "cartoony" though - or did I become too serious? Have you got the Reading show? I'm sure I had it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at this gig - They were excellent that night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. raging reg..... a great night for sure.... cheers ed

    ReplyDelete